Final Fantasy d20
Level 1 Talents
Pick a weapon group. While you wield a weapon from that group, you gain a bonus depending on the weapon.
- Swords: You gain a +1 bonus to Reflex.
- Axes: Gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls against prone targets.
- Hammers: Add +1 the distance of any forced movement.
- Spears and Lances: Gain a +1 bonus to damage on charge attacks.
- Light Ranged: you do not provoke opportunity attacks for making a ranged attack with this weapon.
- Heavy Ranged: Gain a +1 bonus to damage against targets that have no creatures adjacent to them.
Drawing and sheathing weapons is a free action instead of a minor action.
Level 2 Talents
Requires Expertise 1
Improves the bonus from Expertise 1.
- Swords: the bonus to Reflex increases to +2
- Axes: the bonus to damage against prone targets increases to +2
- Hammers: the bonus to forced movement increases to +2
- Spears and Lances: the bonus to damage on charge attacks increases to +2
- Light Ranged: you may now make opportunity attacks with this weapon
- Heavy Ranged: the bonus to damage against targets with no other adjacent creatures increases to +2
In addition to doing maximum damage on a critical hit, roll the weapon’s die again and add that to the total.
Level 3 Talents
Requires Expertise 2
The bonus granted by expertise improves further.
- Swords: You gain a +2 bonus to either Fort or Will in addition to your +2 bonus to Ref
- Axes: The damage bonus against prone targets increases to +3, and you also gain a +3 bonus to damage against slowed and immobilized targets as well.
- Hammers: if you miss with a basic strike, you still deal damage equal to your PAtk in addition to the +2 bonus to forced movement
- Spears and Lances: the bonus to damage on charge attacks increases to +4
- Light Ranged: If you move 4 or more squares on your turn, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls.
- Heavy Ranged: you may target Ref instead of AC when you make basic strikes in addition to gaining a +2 bonus to damage against targets that have no other creatures adjacent to them.
Basic strikes score a critical hit on a roll of a natural 19-20.
Level 4 Talent
Requires Expertise 3
Basic strikes made with the weapon group you picked for Expertise inflict 2[W]+PAtk damage on a hit.